Friday, March 31, 2006

India Wins! Three cheers for Raina

Today India won the one-day cricket match against England which was played in my own backyard, oops I mean Faridabad - the place where I am presently residing. India required a modest total of 227 to win the match and they were going smoothly at 60 for no loss. Then as usual, disaster stuck - from 60/0 India went on to 92/5. No words can describe the poor cricket the top order batsmen played. At that time, I wondered whether India would reach even the 100 mark? But, it was only because of S.Raina's brilliant knock, along with the help of Dhoni, that India could win the match by 4 wickets.Inspite of the tremendous pressure Raina's performance was brilliant. Dhoni got Out just before finishing off the game, but nevertheless, he had already done his job.
The most heartening thing to see in the Indian team these days is that, there is some one or the other with a brilliant performance and the team is not dependent on just 2-3 players' performances, as it used to be the case earlier.
The fielding of Indians today was nothing to write about - too many dropped catches and missed chances.

12 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

again badkismati se I couldnt see the match! But i was listening to the commentary :) cricket match dekhe ek arsa ho gaya..cant wait for WC 2007! soch rahi hoon ke west indies jaaye dekhne ke liye :D

 
At 6:54 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

I also wasn't able to see the match as such. I have to goto office :-((
But, we always keep ourselves updated about the score etc. through Internet.But, seeing the match in the stadium itself is altogether a different experience and totally fun.
Wah!WI is a very beautiful place, I think..
By the way - how were you able to know so soon that I had posted a new post on my blog? Is there any software available for that?

 
At 10:48 pm, Blogger The Bhandari's said...

vadhaiyaan.... ;P
okie I think there is some problem with your template...post not appearing properly and is mingling with the side border I mean ur archieve and chat box
~preeti

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger Anks said...

missed the match.... but we kept gitting updates... the saddest thing was the lathi charge by the police on women and children.... it was pathetic.... :(

 
At 11:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lathicharge outside the stadium....
ppl having valid tickets got beaten....
CRICKET SUX BIG TIME.

 
At 6:32 pm, Blogger Pinks said...

ya me 2 saw the match..raina was gr8....fingers crossed for todays match...

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@preeti
Has the problem solved now? Well I think it comes on lower resolutions nevertheless I made some changes in my template. I hope its corrected now.

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@anks
yes. the lathi charge was really pathetic :-(. I think a 7 year old child also got badly hurt :-( :-(

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@mehak
yeah, that was very bad. people with valid tickets were standing since 4 am - yet many couldn't get in.

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@pinks
We won todays also - yahoo :-)

 
At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! we're finally winning!

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Harry
Yes, yes :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home