Monday, December 05, 2005

My trip to Seoul - Part-1

This post is going to be a very big one, so I'll write it up in parts and keep posting them over the next few weeks.
To say about the trip, it was a mixed sort type, with many unexpected problems cropping up from no where, a little enjoyment. I will rather say thank God, its over.
There are some days in life, when nothing goes right - the day, I had a flight to Seoul was one of them. The Cathey Pacific flight was connecting, that means first I had to catch a flight to Honk Kong and from Honk Kong, I had to catch second flight to Seoul. The day was Novermber 20th, Sunday,2005, flight time - 7.20 a.m.
We are advised to reach the airport 3 hours before the flight time and as it takes around an hour to reach the airport from my house, so I had booked a taxi for 3 a.m The taxi did arrive at 3 a.m. and I was ready by then, but my problems started from there on. The taxi, the driver had brought was a diesel one, and in the chilly morning of Delhi, the taxi refused to start. Now, at that hour of the morning, you won't even find any other means of transport to make you reach the airport. The driver tried some car battery arrangements and said that it will take 15 minutes to warm up. after that we will have to push the car by a few meters to start it. Sitting anxiously for 15 minutes, I was thinking of other alternatives, which might be required in case the car did not start. But eventually, after warming for 15 min and pushing by a few meters it did start and i just gave sigh of relief.
At that time of the hour, the airport road is flooded with heavly loaded trucks. Thank God, there wasn't any traffic zam and I reached the airport by 4.30 a.m.I hurridely got the check-in baggage tied up after security check of the baggage and went straight to the Cathey Pacific counter and guess what? To my horror they refused to give me the boarding pass required for the flight.

To be continued.....

8 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, Blogger Nupur said...

What new blog?! OR new template?! I'm confused......

Interesting start. :D waiting for more......

 
At 2:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... nice way to end part-I.. right at the climax....

 
At 4:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My!! You left us at suspense but its not that big a suspense since we know that you eventually reached Seoul. I used to get really anxious when ordering taxi for flights in Delhi as in Delhi taxi aur ladki ka koi bharosa nahin...LOL

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT Y ???????????
Part II pls

 
At 3:57 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@missnupur
No no.. same blog, same guy, only the new template :) you came to my blog after a long time.. thats why I think..

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@anthony
Yeah, just like himdi serails. :-D

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@ricky
Yes, eventually, I did reach Seoul, but after a lot of troubles.Haanji, Delhi ki taxi aur larki ka sach me koi bharosa nehi :-D

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@mehak
Pare - 2 ready - you can read it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home