Saturday, March 18, 2006

Chasing one's dream

I read this article. Here. Its about an IIM grad. who is to graduate this year from IIM, Lucknow - turned down a lateral placement job of 9 lakhs to persue his dream. How many of the people in this world would do that? Possibly, a very few. Most of the people I meet, just want to be successful - earn big money and be popular. No, there is nothing wrong with earning big bucks or being popular, but most of them are doing what they are doing - because either someone asked them to do so - or thats the way they knew to become successful. If you ask - What they like? most of them would say - things like - But, if I do what I like, it won't earn me big money, let me become a computer engineer or probably do an MBA and then I'll be successful. Then they say - I will be happy - once I do that.
So, then end up spending countless hours in persuring false dreams, the dreams that were never their's.
This article is an example to those people and might inspire them to persure their dreams, the dreams they might have seen as an innocent child, the dreams if fullfilled will make them really happy from the core.
After all you have only one life.


15 Comments:

At 5:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so0oo true!!! We are so caught up in what we have been told, and what we see, and what we hear that we forget what our inherent dreams are and do not pursue them. I have to admit I am guilty of that myself sometimes - not in my career choice but other little things like I am not quitting my current part time job to do this other because I am used to the security of my current job and things like that :-) do stay regular yaar...

 
At 1:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, its truely inspiring and motivating when people like them who have all the oppurtunities to make a financially secure lives go about following their actual dreams. the lovely thing being they utilize their degree for causes of fulfilling their real desires.
and which bakra where u mentioning in my comment section;)?

sonali titzbitz

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Anks said...

there are a few ppl like this person... the rest of us either lack courage or vision... to tread the unbeaten path.. to follow ur heart and not do the regular run of the mill stuff..

 
At 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi navjot, the baby on the top is really cute. read a couple of your posts. stunned at the Pool conversations. Wonder how the have become the most powerful country in the world when half the population plays pool online.

 
At 5:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one needs alot of gutts to do such a thing...turn down an offer n persue one's dream....my best wishes with Satyajit...also 3 IIMB students also dint take up any job offer as they have their own plans of starting a business....

 
At 11:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chasing dreams...a good article indeed!

 
At 9:47 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Kaush
Yeah, you are right. I'll try to be regular :-)

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Sonali
Yeah, that sort of things inspire me a lot. I replied to your bakra thing on your blog :-)

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@silky moon
I think, as people age, then tend to stop chasing their dreams - most get caught into everyday things and yes lack of courage also contributes to that

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@priyangini ji thanks for visting my blog and reading the posts.
Hmm. U are wondering - Why America is the most powerful nation? inspite of half the people playing pool - its so simple - its becuae they don't do any work themselves but get it done from others ...china,india and other asian nations work hard & produce ...americans enjoy from that products/work of asians. The real power comes from getting thing done by others & not doing it ourselves :-)

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@mehak
yes, i agree with you. It requires a lot of guts to do that. I wish that satyjit & 3 IIMB guys succeed in their adventures

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@fontzer
Yes, its good :-)

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@anks
yes, I totally agree with you. Most of us lack the courage or the vision.

 
At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of us just let them be dreams and some of us actually wake up to fulfill them.nice post:)

 
At 11:19 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@red ji
Yes red ji .. you are absolutely right

 

Post a Comment

<< Home