Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pool,Liking, Love and Americans!

For a past few days, I have started playing Pool on Yahoo Games. I am an avid game player and don't play much games, but this 2 player Pool really hooked me - maybe because its a live multiplayer game which can be easily played on Net.
I am not very good at playing Pool, so I always played with people who had played less then 50 games so far, because, then I would have a fair chance of winning the game. A person, who had already played more then 50 games would have gained a lot of experience and would have easily won.'You are clever', you might say. Oh yes, I am.
Yesterday, I was waiting for a free table, which had a person, who had played less then 50 games and after waiting for a few minutes, I recieved an invitation from someone to play Pool. The person had played around 25 games and had won only one or two. I thought, I'll easily win, so I started playing..
After a few shots I recieved a message - ...
The Person - 'Hi'
What was I suppose to say? Of course
Me - 'Hi'
Few shots later -
The Person - 'Are you a boy?'
Now what was I supposed to answer to that? No, no - I didn't have to think what I am, but usually the question is Male/Female, not boy/girl. So, I thought most probably there was some kid playing out there with me.
Me - "Yes"
The Person - 'Do you like me?'
Now that was a question that jolted me. I blinked my eyes in order to see whether I was reading it right. How can you like someone whom you have never seen, never talked? Just by playing a few shots of Pool with him/her you start liking him/her? What was I supposed to answer to that?
Me - 'Where are you from? How old are you?'
The Person - 'NY, I am 14'
The Person - 'Do you like me?'
Me - 'Yes'
The Person - 'Do you Love me?'
Now that was another heavy duty jolt. Yes, I Iike kids, I love them, but that little girl was thinking of me as her boyfriend. I was totally unsure - How to answer the kid - I didn't want to hurt her but on the other hand the conversation was going in totally wrong directions and I had yet to pot 4 balls. She hadn't potted even a single one and I didn't want to leave the game and loose it. So, I just played my turn and didn't reply.
Now, she was talking a lot of time in her turn and I had no choice but to wait for my turn.
After a while -
The Person - "Do you Love me?'
What the hell?
Me - 'Yes'
The Person - "I love you?'
I potted two balls, two yet to go.
The Person - 'Do you Love me, MORE?'
Me - 'Yes, Please take your turn quickly'
The Person - "I love you more?'
The Person - 'Okie'
The Person - 'Will you go out with me?'
Me - 'Yes'
The Person - 'How do you look like?'
Me - 'Okie, okie type'
I have one ball yet to pot and after that the black one. She hasn't potted even a single ball yet.
The Person - 'I have green eyes and brown hair. What are yours?'
Me - 'I have grey eyes and black hair'
The Person - 'Kool'
Now I have only black ball to pot.
The Person - 'Do you love me?'
Me - 'Yes'
The Person - "I love you?'
The Person - 'Do you love me MORE?'
Me - 'Yes'
The Person - "I love you more?'
The Person - 'Are you hot?'
I potted the black ball, won the game, left the table and didn't login to yahoo games again that day. That was enough for a day I suppose.

Although my concept of liking and love is not the same as it was when I was 14-15 years old.But, I couldn't have said - 'I like you' to a stranger, whom I havn't even met and just played pool with her on net.

Maybe its the US, the great.

Another instance of pool which happened a few days back.
I am playing pool with someone having id - something like - bigmom - something...Now I had the criousity of asking her - How many children she had.
Me - 'Where are you from?'
Bigmom - 'Texas, US'
Me - 'How many children do you have?'
Bigmom - 'Six'
My God! six. These days Indian villagers(Now don't remember Laloo now - he's an exception) also have 2-3 kids, 4 max and she had 6 and on top of that - she was American. Maybe Americans have stopped using birth control methods.
Me - 'How old are you?'
Bigmom - '35'
Oh my, just 35 and she has 6 kids. I didn't believe her.
Me - 'Are you kidding?'
Bigmom - 'No'
I surely thought that she was joking.
Me - 'How old is the eldest one?'
Bigmom - '20, he just left home'
That 20 means that 35 - 20 = 15 years or in other words she got a kid when she was just 15 and from then she has just producing kids, as if nothing better to do.
Me - 'Are you kidding? That means you had your first kid, when you were just 15?'
Bigmom - 'No, I have 2, rest are my husbands'
Now what the hell was that supposed to mean? That the 2 were not her husband's, rest were? Oh then I remembered that someone told me that Americans marry atleast 4-5 times in their life and its common place for a 50 year old man to marry a 20-30 year old gal. What she probably meant was that she haid just 2 kids of her own, the rest four were of her husband's earlier marriages and that also meant her husband was somewhere in 50s.
Americans you are great!








9 Comments:

At 12:46 pm, Blogger Anks said...

he he he....

u are right..... they are really great ppl!

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Vj said...

Nice read

 
At 2:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that was funny and serious both at the same time. Great Amrika! :-))

 
At 7:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL....I personally know SO many of these :P

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@SM
Haanji - gold aapka :-)

@anks
Yes, it seems

@vj
Thanks

@DJ
Yes, you are absolutely right

@Kaush
Really??? I don't want to know a single one :-)

 
At 9:40 am, Blogger fursat said...

I was hooked to pool few years back but the fascination is gone now. I love to play "real" pool though and betting on it.

These kinda incidents are common there and funny at times. I was not surprised at any of the answers...he he

 
At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey happy happy holi!

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Ricky
Nice ....

@fontzer
Happy holi to you too

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

surprised to read the first incident.happy holi!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home