Sunday, December 11, 2005

My trip to Seoul - Part-2

There are many checks and entries in the passport. The most important is the VISA for the country you are visiting. The next thing is the ECNR check, that is - Emmigration Check Not Required. I had the proper VISA stamped on my passport, but the stamp for the ECNR was something like - "Emmigration Check Required (ECR) for countries except North America, Japana, Korea, Commenwealth countries .. . etc".
Reading that, anyone will tell you that for going to Korea I did not requre the Emmigration Check, which is put at the passport, but the airlines people were insisting that the ECR was required. Now, I can't get that check at the airport and would have to go to the passport office for that check, which would have taken atleast a day and of course the flight wouldn't have waited for me.
I tried to make them understand that the stamp written has "except" in it, that means the check is not required for the countries mentioned after that dammed - "except".
The immigration check is not the airlines department. Its done at the airport - by the government officials - after we get the boarding pass. So, we went to the immigration check official and only when he told the airlines guy that it's clearly written that its not required, the airlines guys gave me the boarding pass.
They did feel sorry for it, but what the hell - my day was bad - nothing wss supposed to go right - I had started getting that used to it by now. I also got a hell lot worried, thinking about what next was about to happen.
The immigration check went smoothly, the security check also went smoothly and I was sitting on the Boeing-777 plane, on the window seat, by 7.10 a.m..

To be continued....
If you have not read Part-1, read it here

2 Comments:

At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sucha small post....Chalo jee at last tussi B-777 vich beh gaye......hun aage dasso

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Anks said...

aage kya hua????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home