Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bas yaadey! yaadey! yaadey reh jati hai


I read about the post by Preeti on Chandigarh(here) and started remembering all that 4 years spent at my college - Punjab Engg. College, Chandigarh. That was one of the most beautiful years of my life and today also thinking about them, I am feeling very nostalgiac. Sometimes I deliberately try not to think of those 4 golden years, because those lead to flood of emotions with many many sweet memories etched into my mind. Chandigarh itself is a very beautiful city to live at, as you might have guessed it, if you read Preeti's post and on top of that - PEC - it's just beyond words. In this post, I'll not go into those funny, sweet and other exciting instances that kept happening - each and everyday at college, but I'll just post some of the pictures here. Those instances - may be in some other post.
This is the main building of my college. Countless hours were spent here. There are rows of

rooms visible on the first floor (right side) which are drawing halls and our semester exams were held here.













The same main building
from a
different
angle.
















Our library - not much time was spend here, but outside the library
there were a few stairs to sit. A lot of time was spent there, just sitting
and talking with friends.





My CSE Deptt. building. Much more time was spent sitting
on the 3-4 stairs that you can see in the picture and very
less time inside the lecture halls



Last but the most important - our Verka booth, which was
near our deptt. building and literally the whole day
was spent there sitting on bikes and scooters and enjoying.


Remembering the song....
Purani jeans aur guitar
Mohalle ki vo chhat
Aur mere yaar
Vo raaton ko jaagna
Subah ghar jaan
Kood ke deewar
Vo cigaretee peena
Gali mein jaake
Wo karna daanton ko
Ghadi ghadi saaf

Pahunchna college hamesha late
Vo kehna sir ka
"Get out from the class!"
Vo bahar jaake hamsha kehna
Yahan ka system
Hi hai kharaab
Vo jaake canteen mein
Table bajaake
Vo gaane gaana
Yaaron ke saath

Bas yaadein
Yaadein
Yaadein reh jaati hain
Kuchh chhoti
Chhoti
Baatein reh jaati hain
Bas yaadein..

Vo papa ka daantna
Vo kehna mummy ka
Chhodein ji aap
Tumhein to bas nazar aata hain
Jahan mein beta
Mera hi kharaab
Vo dil mein sochna
Kar ke kuchh dikha dein
Vo karna planning
Roz nayi yaar

Ladakpan ka vo pehla pyaar
Vo likhna haathon pe
A + R
Vo khidki se jhaankna
Vo likhna letter
Unhein baar baar
Vo dena tofe mein
Sone ki baaliyan
Vo lena doston se
Paise udhaar

Bas yaadein
Yaadein
Yaadein reh jaati hain
Kuchh chhoti
Chhoti
Baatein reh jaati hain
Bas yaadein..

Aisa yaadon ka mausam chala
Bhoolta hi nahin
Dil mera
Kahan meri jeans aur guitar
Mohalle ki vo chhat
Aur mere yaar
Vo raaton ko jaagna
Subah ghar jaan
Kood ke deewar

Purani jeans
Aur guitar..

16 Comments:

At 12:46 pm, Blogger The Bhandari's said...

hey I even thought of adding the song but then it was already lengthy :P
~preeti

 
At 12:49 pm, Blogger The Bhandari's said...

Hey how can I miss verka booths which
is always a hot joint :P And here there is no cush scene :) nice post yup true less time spent in library but most of the time at other places lols

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@preeti
Hmm. you should have added the song...Who cares about length? :-)
Yes, varka booth was our most favourate joint :-)) We went to library just once in the semester, before exams, when previous question papers were required...& that too only a few went..rest just photostated...

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Pinks said...

hmm..very nostalgic...mujhe mere collge ke din yaad aa gaaye..:-)

 
At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i'm not from chandigarh,still i'm quite fond of it.sac mein purane din yaad aa gaye.

 
At 2:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi navjot, I really feel envious when people talk about their colleges because for me there was no college life as such. In the first year itself I passed the CA foundation course and then for the next two years did not attend college except for exams. sad na.
but it looks like you had a great time. I agree with you Chandigarh is a great place to be in.

 
At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh i love CHD...college ke din....mazaa n masti...

 
At 7:31 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@pinks
Yes, college days were great :-)

@red ji
Chandigarh hai hi asi zagh.Everyone is quite fond of the place.

@Priyangini
Yes, very sad. You might have missed college life, but surely must have enjoyed in other ways ;:-)

@mehak
Haanji...khoob maza and masti hoti thi

 
At 10:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh! love ma chd! :D

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Harry
Me too - love Chd :-)

 
At 1:26 am, Blogger fursat said...

You reminded me of my college days back home. **Sigh**

Those were fun days with friends and all. Chandigarh is indeed a beautiful city as I have lived there for a year or so. Nice nostalgic post.

 
At 3:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unfortunately, I could never go to college in india and that is something I will regret all my life. sirf ek saal bhi jaa paati toh it would have been fun. College here is just not as much fun..or maybe I just dont let me be as much fun for me :(

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

@Ricky
Yes, Chd is indeed a very beautiful city. I also miss those fun days ...


@Kaush
Hmm. yes, I can understand.Opposite to you - I overdid college. I did my 10+1 & 10+2 also from a college. In those days apart from schools some colleges also offered +1 & +2 and I think I was very very lucky to have utilized that facility. Leter on I heard that +1 & +2 were totally shifted to school.
Well! I guess you must have had fun & enjoyed in other ways :-)

 
At 12:12 am, Blogger AlterinG Abhishek said...

Deja Vu!!
I was listenin' to this song today.. and was in chandigarh in my dreams....
OH man!!
..
Great going man!!
I came to u thru harry..
CHD is rocking man!!
cheerz

I miss chd so mch Sniff Sniff!!

 
At 5:20 pm, Blogger Anks said...

Lotsa school and college memories in blogsville these days! We are all nostalgic

 
At 8:27 pm, Blogger SiD said...

going back in those lovely lanes of memories is really nostalgic...

without an iota of doubt i can say
"THOSE WERE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!! "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home