Monday, January 01, 2007

Indian Post

On 28th December, 2006, I used the Indian Post after several years - probably five years, ten years or even more - I don't even remember the last time I used the Indian Post to send anything. But surely, it has been a long, long time.
The special occasion was - the New Year itself and I wanted to send greeting cards to various relatives and friends. Although in today's age, with the use of e-cards, smses and e-mails, the culture of sending greeting cards by post is almost dead, but anyhow I just thought of reviving that culture a bit. Many many years ago - I loved the times when I used to receive the postal greetings cards, mostly on Diwali and New Year and mostly from relatives. Today also I find those greeting cards much better then the e-cards, so I thought probably others will like it too. Even if they don't, the sheer joy of writing the wishes inside the greeting cards, then writing the addresses on the envelope and then finally sending them were enough for me to revive that years' old culture.
While writing, I also found out that my handwriting has deteriorated more then a thousand times it used to be in college and it was not much good, even in the college days. For the past few years, I have hardly written anything with the pen, so it was like drawing flying sparrows and crows rather then writing anything good and easy to understand. That time I even promised myself for writing at least one page with a pen everyday, to improve my handwriting. But these sort of promises are made at the spur of the moment and never quite materialize to anything.
It was a nice surprise to know that even today it took just Rs. 4/- to send a greeting card by Indian Post. I remember, it was Rs. 1/- when I used to send them - years ago. So, today also its pretty cheap - I had hoped it would be around Rs. 10/- or so. But, I have not received any aknowledgement from the people I have sent the cards, of receiving them. But, probably its too early - I don't expect the cards to reach them before the end of this week - if they do reach.
Hope that they'll receive them.


7 Comments:

At 11:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the new year :)

And that was a quaint tradition to revive - i used to be (once upon some ages ago) stamp collector as well. Hv sent a lot of letters to filmfare et al, thru post - sending them off in that 'laal dibba' just down the road. Now of course, emails are the norm. My handwritiing was prettygood, but now it too has gone for a toss. Cant do w/o a key board anylonger!

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Year Wishes, Navjot!!

Good to see you update on 1st Jan,2007 :)

Well even I love sending/receving cards, hand written letters....n make it a point to send them on my immediate families b'days/anniversary's...

 
At 5:02 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

navjot2DJ
Best wishes to you too. Nice to know that you were a stamp collector too. I never collected any stamps.
Yes, now emails are the norm and keyboard instead of pen is widely used.
navjot2Mehak
New Year wishes to you too.
Nice to know that you still send hand written letters and cards. They have a charm of their own.

 
At 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you buy tramadol online legally tramadol hcl in dogs - buy tramadol online with a cod

 
At 2:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine phentermine online real - phentermine 15mg capsule

 
At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Марк туллий цицерон подлинным зеркалом нашего образа мыслей является наша жизнь
!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home