Friday, August 03, 2012

Reason for blogging

It is difficult to write - from where do I start writing. A lot of ideas are simultaneously hitting my head.
So let's first talk about the reason for starting this blog again. The main idea behind starting this blog was to fight against the boredom in my life. You see like everybody else, I too have 24 hours to spend in a day, but unlike everybody else I have nothing to do - completely, absolutely nothing to do. Being deaf and a quadriplegic makes matter worse.
For that matter I have a job but there is nothing for me to do and for how long can one keep doing the same sort of crappy things over and over again and again. A few days back I completed 13 years of my job. It is not like I am in a wrong profession or the profession I did not like - I most certainly wanted to be a computer engineer. Today also I get a lot of satisfaction in writhing a computer program. But due to being a deaf and a quadriplegic I am stuck in the same place with no growth and nothing new to learn. Its getting very stagnant out there.
        Apart from the job, I have tried my luck in the share market. I lost Rs 850//- on them.
Blogging is the third one of my tries. Let us see how it goes. Fingers crossed.Hopefully it would give good results.
               One good thing is that there is no tension or worry in my mind. The only thing is boredom or monotony setting in my life. If I could fight that I would be a happy man. At least there would be something to look forward to after getting up in the morning i.e. the comments of others.
           Some people have suggested playing games, Soduku puzzles etc but I have no interest in them. I wish I had some interest in playing games. I could have zoomed away by playing my favorite games but alas that is not the case. I like reading books too but unable to find out suitable titles to read. Can you suggest me some other books to read.
                 In other words you can also say that this blog of mine is a desperate attempt by me to fight boredom.

4 Comments:

At 4:53 pm, Blogger kiran sawhney said...

Keep exploring. Blog, read, do computer etc. Do put some daily posts. :)

 
At 10:02 am, Anonymous Rohit said...

What kind of books do you enjoy reading - fiction or non-fiction? And if fiction, what kind of fiction - classics, indian, western, sci-fi, etc.?

You can buy Kindle editions of books from Amazon. Some are quite expensive but in some genres, such as romance, horror and sci-fi, there are very cheap novels available, starting from $0.99. Some are even free. And, the classics are free too. These days I'm in the middle of Treasure Island, which is one of the free books.

Another source of books can be a library subscription such as http://www.friendsofbooks.com/ or http://thelibrary.in . They will deliver and pickup books to and from your doorstep.

All the best!

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger Navjot Kashyap said...

2kiran trying to do just that.
2Rohit I like sc-fi. Thanks for the wonderful information.

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hi Navjot, Many thanks for stopping by Pen and Paper, I appreciate your visit.

Glad to see you have decided to restart blogging as I think it is a greatway to fill in time, to make new friends.

Due to various health problems and increasing difficulties with my mobility I was feeling very isolated so I can understand a little of how you are feeling. Please feel free to stop by my blog any time even if it is only to say hello and who knows you might even find a book that appeals to you.

Best Wishes, PW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home